Chia Seed Banana Pudding with Yogurt and Cinnamon
Whether for breakfast, as a snack or dessert – this superfood chia seed pudding is easy to make, versatile and even toddler approved. No added sugar, rich in protein, gluten free. Make a batch and keep it on hand.
Chia Banana Cinnamon Pudding
by Marlene Schoepf @diet-icious.com
- 1 medium to large banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup plain unsweetened yogurt (whole milk, reduced fat or fat-free)
- 1/2 cup water or milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- fresh fruit, sliced nuts, cinnamon to top
- In a blender mix banana, yogurt and water/milk until smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a blender, mash the banana with a fork and mix with yogurt and water/milk until smooth. Add cinnamon and vanilla and blend/stir.
- Divide mixture into 4 dessert bowls or cups and add 1/8 cup chia seeds to each. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir again, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Top with sliced fruit, nuts and seeds, toasted oats or cinnamon. Keeps in the fridge for up to a week.